Time for a new Adventure ?
Welcome to our Learn to Kayak Course.
“You don’t have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great” – Zig Ziglar
This course is run over 6 Tuesday evenings or as a weekend course and will cover all the skills needed to paddle safely on flat water including basic self rescue skills. No experience needed.
All specialist equipment is provided, you just need old runners, togs and a towel.
Canoeing Ireland Level 2 Kayak Skills assessment included.
**All courses are run by qualified Canoeing Ireland Instructors**
Graduates of this course will be eligible to join our Kayak Academy and are welcome to come and join us on our weekend river trips and weekly evening sessions.
River Trip locations include the Slaney, the Barrow, the Suir, the Nore in Kilkenny city, sea kayak trips and many more
- Kayak and Paddle
- Wetsuit – due to Covid sizes must be pre booked.
- Buoyancy Aid
- Fully qualified Canoeing Ireland Kayak Instructor
What to bring:
- something to wear under the wetsuit, ie swimming togs or shorts and T- shirt
- old runners that will get wet
- any relevant medication, eg inhalers etc..