Kids just love this week !
Our summer camps are all about FUN with a little bit of sneaky teaching thrown in along the way.
Our aim for every Kayak Camper is that they will:
- Learn new skills
- Make a new friend
- Grow in self confidence
- Experience going on a true adventure with our end of camp river trip.
- Learn the basics of how to rescue themselves while in the water
- Learn how to help a friend back into their kayak.
- Learn how to use and correctly adjust all of the safety equipment, should they have their own one day.
- Learn to respect the river and all the beautiful flora and fauna that live in it.
- Learn the principles of Leave No Trace
- No experience needed
A Wetsuit including all safety equipment is provided.
All staff are fully qualified Canoeing Ireland Kayak Instructors, are garda vetted and have attended a relevant Safeguarding Course.
Suitable for children aged 8 years to 16 years old.
- Kayak and Paddle
- Wetsuit – due to Covid sizes must be pre booked.
- Buoyancy Aid
- Fully qualified Canoeing Ireland Kayak Instructor
What to bring:
- something to wear under the wetsuit, ie swimming togs or shorts and T- shirt
- old runners that will get wet
- Snacks for break time
- any relevant medication, eg inhalers etc…